Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I/we certify that I/we have participated sufficiently in the intellectual content, conception and design of this work or the analysis and interpretation of the data (when applicable), as well as the writing of the manuscript, to take public responsibility for it and have agreed to have my/our name listed as a contributor.
- I/we believe the manuscript represents valid work. Each author confirms they meet the criteria for authorship as established by the NAJFNR. Neither this manuscript nor one with substantially similar content under my/our authorship has been published or is being considered for publication elsewhere, except (an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word (docx) format.
The references have been checked accordng to APA 7th edition (see below the Reference Citing Guide).
The list of references must not contain any references belonging to predatory journal or publisher
The list of predatory journals and publishers is available here:
I/we followed the Manuscript template file of the journal (Manuscript.docx)
The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point Times New Roman font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses);
Titles of tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points
- Tables are placed in a separate file (Tables.docx)
- Figures are placed in a separate file (Figures.docx)
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the NAJFNR, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements;
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal;
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere;
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out;
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere;
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement;
Authors who publish with The North African Journal of Food and Nutrition Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal;
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal;
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.